The Si d es Discussion Space

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Si d es Discussion Space

Share your views on The Si d es Music and activities and other Music themes.

2 posters

the moody blues....remember them?

captain
    captain

the moody blues....remember them? Empty the moody blues....remember them?

Post  captain Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:40 pm

thought i'd kick off the first "music off-topic" post....
    the moody blues are a band that i was briefly into in the mid 70's.it was their interesting album sleeves that caught my eye in all the record shops "every good boy deserves favour" being one of them.a lot of people associate the moodies with "go now" and really don't delve much deeper.for those of us who have we discovered a varied array of concept albums,great songs full of interesting twists and turns,melodic,haunting,sad and uplifting.yes,the moodies could capture whatever "mood" you have ever been in...are now...or are yet to be in.they truly were a most creative progressive group in my eyes.
    Mike Buchanan
    Mike Buchanan
    Admin

the moody blues....remember them? Empty Re: the moody blues....remember them?

Post  Mike Buchanan Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:04 am

Yes I remember them. I collected their albums in my youth.

I loved their conceptual titles, not pretentious in the way Tangerine Dream were, and the way they segued tracks. The mellotron was a lot of their sound, heartachingly beautiful in many cases, and it was interesting to note that after "Go Now", they were advised to make an album in the manner of Dvorak.

Live, fans would applaud clever moments within songs, and they managed sometimes to be sentimental, usually bad Art if you do that, but not making it cloyingly so. I personally found them sensitive in their feelings and moods.

They certainly defined their own sound and always hastened to add on their albums that all instruments were played by them. A Class act, that's for sure.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 am